Since the macramé braid really want to twirl around it's center you need to straighten it continually during the braiding if you don't want to make for example a necklace where the twisting around the center can be really pretty. Then you just turn the braid over every 8 or so repetitions of steps 1-6.
How to make a macrame braid:
1. Arrange one pewter thread on each side of the calf.
2. Take the right thread and lift it over the calf.
3. Take the left thread and place if over the right thread, still on the left side of the calf.
4. Take the left thread and place it under the calf.
5. Continue up through the loop created between the left thread and the calf.
6. Tighten the threads and continue from step 1.
And the end result in this case is this bracelet:
To finish up the bracelet with a button closure, please see this tutorial: Tutorial - Simple Katarina Bracelet
You can also make beautiful versions of this with a thicker calf and double strands of tin threads, like this.
To see more about this bracelet, you can read this post.